10-20 Degree Layering
For those willing to brave winter conditions, the name of the game is additional insulating layers!
- Full Length Insulated Tights
- Water or Windproof Pants – these are generally lightweight with the main purpose of protecting you from the harsh elements and to help retain your heat.
- Mid-Weight Base Layer
- Insulated Layer – this can be a lightweight down, wool, or synthetic material jacket.
- Water Repellent Jacket – this jacket will protect you both from wind and any wet conditions (snow, sleet, rain).
- Beanie – to cover and capture the heat coming from your head.
- Gloves or mittens, or both.
- Wool Socks