20-30 Degree Layering
Now that the temps have officially dropped well below the freezing point, it’s time to start adding extra insulation and weather protection layers.
- Full Length Insulated Tights
- Mid-Weight Base Layer
- Hybrid Jacket – a jacket that contains insulating properties (down, wool, or a synthetic material), and also a wind or water protection exterior.
- Headband or beanie.
- Gloves or mittens, or both!
- BUFF to be used around your neck or to pull up over your mouth and nose.
- Wool Socks – your feet will generate a lot of heat, and it’s time to make sure your socks are helping to retain that heat. Wool is a great option as it will keep your feet warm even when wet.