30-40 Degree Layering
This stage of cold temperatures just reaches the freezing point (32 degrees). With that in mind, you are going to want a bit more coverage and insulation to protect you from the elements.
- Full Length Insulated Tights – preferably with some reflective elements to help with visibility.
- Spandex Shorts – an option to wear under your tights if you want more insulation and compression.
- Mid-Weight Base Layer – with freezing temps, it may be time to pull out the heavier weight apparel.
- Wind Shell – keeps the blustery bite from the wind off of you, and also helps to retain heat.
- Headband or beanie.
- Gloves or mittens, or both depending on how cold your hands get.